Monday, June 29, 2009

I Got You Babe

Okay. So the title has nothing to do with the post I'm about to make. I was just sitting here, at my aunt's hardy dial-up equipped computer plunking away (My 'rents got rid of the internet!), trying to come up with an imaginative title, when I noticed that atop her computer desk my aunt has both The Very Best of Cher, and Gloria Estefan: Greatest Hits.

My secondary title choice? Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves. That one was for you Cheryl.

So. On to better things. Last week I had a library dream. And it should be said, I have many library dreams. But this one is the Great Bambino, if you will, of library dreams. It must be shared.

In the dream, it was Pioneer Day, and as luck would have it Cheryl and Alex, who were working Circ, found a hidden closet in the back adjacent to the BP shelves. When Cheryl opened it, she found an entire authentic pioneer wardrobe - with dresses, suspenders, hats and pants and mustaches for everyone! Our Circ supervisors were all so pleased by this vintage addition to the Circulation collection that they encouraged all of the employees of Access Services to don the pioneer wear. So there we were, all of us, dressed as pioneers and working the desk. But what made it even better, you may ask?

"Amber, what made it even better?" you ask.

Sharolynn was cheerily playing a pipe organ that had replaced the computer at the BP desk, and we were required to do-si-do anytime we got up to get Reserve books!

I know right? SO SKILLED!

Oh man... I sure miss the LRC. Hope you guys are all doing well!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA this is amazing!!!!

    um also, i love that mustaches were part of the wardrobe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man... that is priceless.
    in fact, i think we should turn this dream into a low budget feature film.

    ReplyDelete