Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A forlorn little reminsicing.

After taking a year hiatus from the library I ended up back here as an employee. I'm now working in Course Reserve, which is about as slow as the LRC ever was. I work with Michael Eddington, who (now that Jeff is gone and Lisa Reynolds has left on a mission)is one of the most senior student employees here.

We had nothing to do and so we got to talking about the good 'ol days when Access Services was still alive and well.

I told Michael about the time Cheryl and I tried to hug Won and he freaked out. I also reminded him about Mark, the LRC kid, and his Spongebob addiction. We talked about the LRC summer karaoke party and Lindsey's genius LRC song.

Which by the way Lindsey you should really post on the blog. I tried to remember it but just couldn't do it. I do know, however, that it had something to do with wizardry and Terry Goodkind.

Michael told me about working with Blair Hendershot and I gushed a little about Graham's luscious hair.

We remembered Camille's beautiful curls and how much she hated people commenting on it when it was straight.

And then we thought about Stephanie Nordblad Stutznegger- the kindest, most pure library employee there ever was.

After which we talked about Lindsey- for her incredible baking skills and ever changing hair.

And Sammy Dickens, the girl in Forest World who would be the person I would run into in Europe.

Cheryl Johnson, Ms. Mongolia with the green hooded sweater that was lined in some kind of green furry stuff.

And Lanee Aho Jensen the tiny tiny lady who should own everything tiny.

Oh man. So many memories.

I hope you all are doing well and that life is happy.

And remember the wizard's fourth rule: Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.

Find them all here: http://sot.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard%27s_Rules

5 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH---that is the giant sigh of remembrance and pleasure and sadness that just came out of my teeny tiny mouth. I sure miss that place. I will now e-mail Amber a personal message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i may or may not have teared up just a little upon reading this.
    i dub it scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the best people in the world. Seriously. The people who missed this era lead a very sad existence...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i second Camille's scripture dub, and i also proclaim it to be a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I could get a shout out...

    ReplyDelete